
Ever since Return to Monkey Island officially became a reality, fans of graphic adventure have been eagerly awaiting a new episode of the iconic series starring Guybrush Threepwood, which will continue exactly where Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge left off.Behind the project again is Ron Gilbert, author of the first two chapters of the series, who has already revealed numerous details about the history and setting of Return to Monkey Island, including decisions made during the design stages regarding the graphic style, which will be very different from what was seen in the original.\"Monkey Island 1 and Monkey Island 2 were not games in pixel graphics, but used advanced technology for that time.If I had gone ahead and created Monkey Island 3 right away, it wouldn't have been like Monkey Island 2, we would have gone above and beyond.I don't want Return to Monkey Island to be a nostalgic game, but I want to develop the brand because it's interesting, fun and exciting.\"The release of Return to Monkey Island is expected in 2022, currently on PC only: it's unclear at this point whether console versions will be released simultaneously.
0 Comments